Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sharks Bit

The only sad thing about watching Dustin Byfuglien's overtime game-winning goal last night to defeat San Jose 3-2 was not getting to hear Pat Foley make the call.

The Blackhawks -- who now lead the Western Conference Finals series 3-0 -- had to battle through (way too many) penalties, which contributed to a robust 46 shots from San Jose.

Once again, Antti Niemi came up huge, and Chicago finally found a way to win at home, after being just average in the "Madhouse on Madison" during these playoffs.

Sunday afternoon, the Hawks can earn their first trip to the Stanley Cup Finals since 1992.

They very well could face my Flyers, who are in a bit of a tougher series with Montreal, thanks to the Canadiens 5-1 win in Game three Thursday night.

I'm still wrestling with the idea of potentially seeing my two favorite teams playing for the championship...something I've never had to face before.

Would my happiness for whichever team would hoist the Cup outweigh my disappointment for the team that will have come so close, only to come up short.

I hope I get to find out.

I certainly don't want to see San Jose, or Montreal win it all.

At least the Flyers don't have to worry about giving up a 3-0 lead in a series, after just completing a comeback from down 3-0.

Uh-oh, the Blackhawks are now up 3-0. San Jose has the recent Flyers comeback to use as inspiration. I knew I could find a way to feel bad about the Hawks 3-0 lead!!!

On tap for today, the Flyers and Habs in Game 4.

A good start would be nice for Philly. Hopefully we can get more shots like this fantastic picture from game two...

No comments: