Friday, June 04, 2010

Truth Be Told...

...I'm rooting for the Flyers.

It's becoming more apparent game after game. On the opening night of the series, I felt fairly indifferent to who won.

But, I think that as that game, and especially as the series has gone on, I'm starting to bleed more Flyers' orange than Blackhawks' red.

Part of it may be the fact that the Flyers playoff run has been a bit more remarkable, and unexpected. Chicago is supposed to be here, and very well may be here several more times in the next few years.

For the Flyers? Not so sure. Things are just lining up for them better this year, and I don't have the same amount of faith -- amazing, coming from a Philly fan, right? -- that they'll be able to get back here again.

Ideally, whichever team loses this series would win the Cup next year, but we all know that it's not that easy.

So, I'll be donning the Hextall jersey tonight, hoping the Flyers run can continue. A win tonight guarantees the series goes six games, and gives me a few more days to continue to ignore the Phillies.

No comments: