Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Iceman Cometh

My number one goal in life is to help people. Well, it's a tossup between helping people, and becoming a millionaire and quitting radio. Be that as it may, I do like to help people. After the post about MTV's 25th anniversary I thought I'd provide the link to one of the moments I selected, Vanilla Ice's meltdown.

The quality of the video is poor, but there are only two clips that I could find of this wonderfully bizarre event, and each is equally blurry.

I like how "Ice" sits with the comedians during the "retiring" of his video, laughing at some of the one-liners, going along with the gimmick, and seeming to have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.

It's hard to tell if "Ice" is genuinely upset at the jokes coming at his expense, and then unleashes his rage by destroying the set -- or if his meltdown is his attempt at outrageous and shocking humor. Well, the comedians didn't find it that funny, and the folks at MTV didn't either.

If that was "Ice"'s attempt at humor, then he shouldn't quit his day job.

By the way, what exactly is his day job these days?

No comments: