Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Golden Goose

Finally, Rich "Goose" Gossage is in the Major League Baseball Hall Of Fame.

Of course, Goose has been a member of the "Classic Tirades Of All Time" Hall of Fame for quite some time now. I'm sure he's proud.

I can't stress this enough...the clip below of the Goose ranting and raving back when he was a Yankee is NSFW, and certainly NOT for the kiddies.

For as vulgar as it is, my two favorite moments are when he doesn't swear. I love the way he says, "O.K.?!?!" about halfway through, and the way he says greasy -- "greazy" -- when describing a fine, upstanding member of the media.

Now, can we get Bert Blyleven in the Hall of Fame next? The real one, in Cooperstown? And, no, Bert isn't in the "Classic Tirades" Hall, but he is a member of the "I Uttered An Expletive Because I Forgot We Were Live" Hall of Fame.

I'm sure he's proud.

No comments: