Monday, May 12, 2008

Survivor Finale


Parvati, I was as shocked as you were.

I thought this was one of the more entertaining Survivor seasons of all time. Blindsides, boneheaded play, a proper playing of the hidden immunity idol (the Emmy's should create a new category for Amanda's performance), injuries, quitters, french kissing, etc.

The "fans" vs. "favorites" idea was a good one, but it only seemed like a couple of the fans were real diehards. Maybe it was just the editing. Hard to tell, since it took about seven episodes before I realized Natalie -- who looks disturbingly similar to the Grinch - and Alexis even had voices.

I was rooting for Jonathan Penner from the start. A Seinfeld alum, the guy was entertaining to watch, talked a good game, and sounded an awful lot like Alan Alda. I have no idea why that made him more likeable. Just sayin.

Once he left, I turned my superficial attention to Amanda. Likeable, smart, and very easy on the eyes.

That makes two straight final tribal councils for her, but two straight defeats. She's been so close to the million dollars, but yet so far.

Amanda, I think the best thing for you to do now is to give Hef a call.

I'm simply thinking about your financial future. It's what's best.

No comments: