Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Media Day

Embattled Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich made the rounds yesterday, doing interviews on Good Morning America, The View, and Larry King Live.

I don't blame him for skipping the impeachment hearings -- the green rooms are much better at the talk shows.

One of Blagojevich's statements yesterday is making some minor waves today, the revelation that he considered Oprah Winfrey for the open Senate seat.

She must not have been willing to pay up.

Blagojevich said yesterday he was concerned that such an offer could have come across as a gimmick, and he didn't think the talk show host would have accepted the position.

Oprah confirmed as much while speaking to her best friend Gayle King on the latter's satellite radio show -- there's a show I never miss -- saying she was surprised and amused by Blagojevich's comments, adding, quote, "I think I could be a senator, but I'm not interested."

Can you imagine Oprah as a senator?

"Helllllooooooooo fellow Senatorrrrrrrrrrrrrs!"

"If you vote for my bill...everyone here today gets a brand new car!!!!!"

"I will give you my vote on this bill in a moment. But, first, let me introduce to you...Tom Cruuuuuuuuuuuise"

No comments: