Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Yo, Adrian...You Did It!

This is the love of my life. Meet Adrian Peterson.

Going into the final night of the fantasy football season, as I mentioned in my previous post, I needed 20 points from Adrian to win my fantasy league.

Heading into halftime of the Vikings game in Chicago, Peterson was barely recognizeable. I wasn't even sure if he was playing.

The Adrian Peterson of the Bears was threatening to have a better game, and he's only had seven carries all year.

Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point. My A.P. wasn't even a factor, and I nearly went to bed. Nearly wet the bed, too.

Then, in the second half, Peterson got going. Two touchdowns and over 90 rushing yards later, I'm the champion of the Cutler's Farts Cure Cancer league by a 126-122 total, and what a sweet feeling it is.

Thanks to A.P., and to Mason Crosby, for hitting a 50+ yard field goal on Sunday, giving me an extra two points. Thanks to the 49er defense, that I picked up this week, for stuffing the Lions to the tune of 21 points.

I'd better stop. I'm about to break into press conference mode again.

And, the Bears actually won the game, giving the Iggles a chance to earn the two-seed in the East if they can just win Sunday in Dallas.

Piece of cake, right? It's not like the Iggles have ever let me down before, right? Right?

No comments: