Saturday, January 22, 2011

Un-Bear-Able


Only a few hours remain until the showdown that has the country ablaze, between two of the top teams in the league, as Chicago gets set to host a matchup for the ages.

Of course, I'm talking about the Blackhawks and the Flyers. Yep, the Stanley Cup rematch begins at 11:30am on Sunday -- a time that was moved up by NBC so they don't conflict with the other big game in Chicago -- and I'll be there.

My brother and I have a pair of tickets for the game, with the intention of leaving early so we can stake out a spot at a nearby tavern to watch the Bears-Packers tilt.

Unbelievably, the Flyers are the top team in the Eastern Conference this season, proving that maybe their unexpected run to the Cup Finals last year wasn't a fluke, and I'd love to see them come out and stomp all over the Hawks.

It's been strange...since the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup -- which in any other year would have made me very happy, but since it was against my favorite team, it's left me still a little bitter -- I've taken no joy in any of the Hawks' limited success this season. The Blackhawks have always been my 2nd favorite team, and I've explained before my feelings about the two franchises (which became very clear to me last June), so I'm still a little bummed out by the result of that series, to the point that news of any Blackhawks wins this year barely registers a reaction at all from me.

So, go Flyers.

And, for the love of Paul Hornung, GO PACKERS!!!

No comments: