Saturday, December 03, 2011

Ganz!

Holy crap. It took this to wake me from my blogging slumber!! After all of these years of having been a 48 Hrs. and Dexter fan, I just now realized that the actor that played Ganz is the same actor currently playing Dexter Morgan's dad, Harry.

Last night, thanks to some rare alone time at the house, I watched the last half of 48 Hrs., a movie I love immensely. As the credits started to roll, and I was doing my traditional head shaking at how silly it was that Ganz decided to charge Jack, rather than just shoot him, I noticed the name of the actor that played Ganz: James Remar.

It didn't hit me at first, but then I recognized the name Remar from seeing the opening credits to Dexter over the years.

Then I started to think about it, considering the ages of the actors in each project, plus the similarity in appearance of Ganz and Harry Morgan, then a quick trip to the information superhighway, and there it was. Bam! James frikkin' Remar.

Just had to share my moment of recognition, albeit about five years too late.

No comments: