Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

A couple of Easter "eggs" for you before I go to bed...
  • Zach who?


  • Nice to have The Sopranos back, although knowing these are the final episodes makes it bittersweet. For some reason my favorite part of the opening episode was Christufah calling Tony a day late to wish him a belated happy birthday, only to have Tony hang up without saying a word.


  • No, I didn't see the Entourage season premiere. I haven't watched an episode, and at this point, I'd have to start at the beginning to get the full effect. And I may do that eventually. Thanks to this wonderful thing called the internet, I've caught up on The Office, am in the middle of catching up on Battlestar Galactica (I'm halfway through season 2, so shhhhh), and also have on my target list Friday Night Lights, and The Wire. Entourage may come up at some point, but I'm in no rush.


  • Back to The Masters: It really is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I never like it when a no name wins the event. I was hoping Tiger would have made a couple of more putts to keep things really interesting, but he just didn't have it Sunday. I had to shake my head though when I heard one of the announcers suggest that Tiger must have been "under the weather" for him to have the kind of ordinary day he was having. Come on. It happens. He didn't play a great round. Get over it.


  • Why is it when I sit down to watch America's Funniest Home Videos -- which isn't often -- I sit through sixty minutes of pretty entertaining clips, and when they go to award the prize money at the end of the show to the three "best" videos, they pick the lamest, easiest to stage crap that you could imagine. Did you see the ones tonight? The husband that moved the bottom lip of the sleeping woman up and down while he imitated her voice...the dad with the metal detector moving it all around his little girl...even the winning diaper cream on the face kid could have had that setup by his parents. Totally frustrating.


  • I'm serious. When does football start? The Phollies are 1-5 for the second year in a row, and for the third time in the last four years. This is supposed to be a team that will contend for the division title.


  • Megan lost another tooth, her 7th, and I had a lot to do with it. The tooth was already pretty loose to begin with. Saturday we were playing "the ball game" with one of those bouncy balls that you can buy for $1 at the grocery store. You know the ones, they're about the size of a bowling ball, real light, and bounce great down a flight of stairs. So we were doing just that. She was at the bottom of the steps, I was at the top bouncing the ball down toward her. She thought the ball was going to bounce low, so she leaned over as the ball bounced higher than she expected, and the ball hit her in the mouth knocking out her tooth. Should have had the video camera rolling.
Hope you had a great day. Im off the radio until Thursday, but I’ll still be updating the blog for the three of you that read this thing.

No comments: