Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bob Barker('s Retirement), Come On Down!

After 35 years as host of The Price Is Right, Bob Barker is retiring. He taped his last show on Wednesday (it will air on June 15th). Apparently, after receiving a standing ovation from the crowd, the actual show went off like many of the others he has hosted since 1972.

I can't say that I've watched The Price Is Right all that much since I've been working for a living, although back in the day, it was certainly on my list of morning game shows to watch, right up there with Press Your Luck, Sale Of The Century, Family Feud, and Card Sharks. Of course, I was mainly watching The Price Is Right to see Dian, Janice, and Holly. It was always a good show when during the Showcase Showdown, one of the prizes was a trip to a warm weather destination so Dian could appear in a two-piece bikini.

No disrespect, Bob. Hey, what am I talking about...Bob knows exactly what I mean. After all, he was able to hook up with Dian (always my favorite Barker Beauty). Although, it wasn't all hearts and flowers with those ladies. Not one, not two, but eight women from the show have brought lawsuits against him.

Was the price right on some of those settlements, Bob?




Above: The Top 10 Things Bob Barker Can Say Now That He Is Retiring.

No comments: