Sunday, December 30, 2007

Congrats, Pats. Now, Lose In The Playoffs

It was strange watching the Patriots beat the Giants last night 38-35, completing the first 16-0 season in the history of the NFL. Strange because I'm really tired of New England, and, being an Eagles fan, I just couldn't get myself motivated enough to root for New York.

I really wanted to see a tie.

The only good thing to come of this 2007 season by the Patriots, for me at least, is that all of the living members of the 1972 Dolphins can take their champagne bottles, cocky attitudes, and go away for a long time.

I'll admit, I admire what the Patriots have accomplished. And, no, I'm not going to demand an asterisk be placed next to their record this season after the "spygate" stuff from week 1. I'm just tired of their success. Ok, jealous is a better word.

They've had their run at the same time that my Eagles have been title contenders as well. Problem is, while New England has won three times -- and, most likely soon to be four -- the Eagles have only made one Super Bowl, losing to...the Patriots.

So, while I wallow in another season of Philly phutility, I'm faced with the very real possibility of a Super Bowl featuring New England, and of all teams, Dallas -- an Eagles fan's most hated rival.

Can there be a tie in the Super Bowl?

No comments: