Sunday, January 24, 2010

Championship Sunday

Nothing gets me more in the mood for a day of compelling conference championship games than this CLASSIC NFL Films piece from about 20 years ago on the sideline banter from head coaches.

I realize most of these clips are from the prehistoric age of football -- I can't even say NFL, since these are so old that a lot of them are from the AFL -- but I'd be hard pressed to imagine any of the newer clips being so good that it would trump what I've displayed for you above.

My friend, Brian and I have watched this seven minute montage more times than I care to admit.

We debate over and over about which line is the best...

"Get him out of there, because he HAS no hands."

"Let's run an eight eighty-eight, deep down the F&%$ing middle and hope for a pass interference penalty, don't you think?"

"TURN THE CORNER! TURN THE CORNER! TURN THE CORNER!"

"They're KILLIN' me Whitey, just KILLIN' me!"

Too many to choose from. Pick your fave in the comments section.

No comments: