Thursday, May 31, 2007

Top 100 Scariest Movie Moments


I first ran across this list of the Top 100 Scariest Movie Moments several months ago. At the time however, they only had 100-41 counted down. Without the top 40, I lost interest, forgot to bookmark the page, and moved on.

Luckily, I found the list again, and it has been completed. I can't claim to have seen all of these movies, but as I read through the list, I didn't find myself wondering, "Hey, how come they didn't include _____"?

Can you think of scenes that would have been good to include? Drop a comment down below.

Originally, you could scroll down each page -- there were 20 entries per page -- and navigate the site a little easier. Now, you'll have to click each individual thumbnail on the main page to find out what movie and "moment" is being discussed.

Still, if you have a few minutes, this is a pretty good list. Just looking at some of the images alone gave me a few chills. I've included two pictures here that gave me some definite goosebumps.

As scary as the shower scene is in Psycho, the moment that gets me every time is at the end of the movie, after Norman's mom is revealed. The lady screams, then they show Norman entering the room wearing mom's dress, knife in hand, and flashing one of the scariest grins I've ever seen. The hair on my neck stands up just thinking about it. Imagine seeing this in the theatre in the rather innocent times of 1960.

There are also video clips that go along with some of these entries as well, although, you'll just have to find them for yourself. There is a video clip that goes along with the second pic I included, which is from Exorcist III. Now, this is a movie I haven't seen, and judging by how scary this particular scene is, maybe that's a good thing.

I haven't clicked on every image to be able to point you in the right direction for which moments include video clips. Hey, I can't be expected to do ALL the work for you.

Plus, I didn't really want to click on ALL of these images.

I forgot to pack an extra pear of underwear today.

No comments: