Friday, June 06, 2008

Sopranos Finale: A Year Later

It's been about a year since the finale of The Sopranos aired on HBO. There's still been no definitive explanation as to what, if anything, happened as the final scene cut to black.

I've read something this week that has me leaning more in the direction that Tony got whacked.

It was certainly a significant theory from the start. When I first wrote about the finale last year, I was leaning that way, but never felt satisfied at the vagueness of how it was presented to us.

When asked about the final scene, creator David Chase would simply say things like, "it's all there," indicating there were clues to figure out that would solve all of our questions.

Thankfully, someone out there has more time than me to decipher those clues. Whether this person is right or wrong is up for debate, but I like the case that's made.

It's a lengthy read, but well worth it.

No comments: