Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rush On Colbert Report


First, Rush gets a feature in Rolling Stone magazine for the first time since the dawn of the Reagan era, then news of the band getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and just last night, Rush appeared on The Colbert Report, their first U.S. television appearance since the Philadelphia Flyers last won a Stanley Cup.

Crazy times my friends.

Don't get me wrong, I think the recent swell of publicity is fantastic, and long overdue, but it's just strange that it's happening -- this late in their career!

I don't watch Colbert, so correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently Jimmy, who works on the show, is a big fan of the band, and that helped get them on the show. That, and the fact that there has been a long-running gag about the "confusion" between Rush the band, and Rush Limbaugh.

Anyway, the show featured Rush references throughout, a humorous interview with the band, and a very good rendition of "Tom Sawyer". Viacom pulled the original Youtube clips I had up, so I'm posting the entire episode courtesy of Hulu.

No comments: