Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Idol" Thoughts

After one night of "semi-finals", I feel fairly safe in making the following prediction about this season of American Idol: There is no conceivable way that a woman wins this year.

None.

In fact, I'd be surprised if a woman makes the final five.

I know, there are still two more weeks of this round -- where 12 sing on one night, and nine of those 12 are eliminated the next night -- but I think I've seen enough.

I've felt all along that the winner of Idol will be the blind guy. And since nobody reading this knows his name either, "TBG" is how we'll refer to him, and that will suffice for now.

After last night, I'm pretty confident that Danny Gokey (above) will be in the top 3, and could easily win the whole thing. Heck, I might vote for him just for the fact that last night he (thankfully) refused to mug for the camera by doing that annoying thing where contestants hold up the number of fingers that correspond with their phone number.

That's worth a few votes, Danny. Keep it up.

I think Anoop gets pretty far as well.

Also, watch out for this guy. Adam Lambert is his name, and he has a voice that will not only shatter your windows, but it will proceed to levitate the broken shards of glass and whip them at your face.

He's a real threat.

So, there you have it. Very unofficial predictions for this stinkin' show. I hate American Idol, but watch just about every week.

It's one of the few shows that we can all watch together as a family, which is saying something.

The show, like it or loathe it, has changed the music scene, and then some.

Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jordin Sparks, Clay Aiken, David Cook are all enjoying big success.

Jennifer Hudson is an Oscar winner.

My daughter owns a David Archuleta CD.

And, I have a CD of tunes by William Hung.

Maybe the show isn't that bad after all.

No comments: