Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Heroes

What would we do without the internet? I ask that question probably three or four times a week. Thanks to ye old information superhighway, I've been able to catch up on one of this year's hottest TV shows, Heroes.

I didn't purposely avoid the show when it debuted. I just wasn't intrigued enough to watch it. And with a show like this, once you've missed four or five episodes, it's hard to come in during the middle of the season and understand everything that's going on. It's possible, but certainly not the best way to go about it. There was no way I was going to wait until the season ended, plunk down a chunk of money for the season 1 DVD, either.

Over the last few months, great reviews and big ratings continued to pour in, and I began thinking that maybe I had missed out on something big. Then I found Fanpop. This site is great. It has full episodes of current shows, links to articles, fansites, etc. There's a lot of stuff here. I went to the Heroes spot, and found complete episodes of this first season. Withing a few days, I was caught up, in more ways than one.

What a fun show. There are hardly any dull spots -- although I'm now getting a bit bored with Parkman and his old lady, and the Nicki/DL drama -- because there are so many characters and plot lines, the action usually is fast-paced. I don't know how long they can keep this going (at least one more full season, as NBC has renewed it for another year), or where these storylines are headed, but I'm glad I decided to hop on the ride. If you haven't, check out those sites, grab some popcorn, and catch up.

For a more behind-the-scenes look at the show, here are a few more links for you...

Beaming Beeman is a blog from one of the director/producers of the show. There is usually a new post on each day a new episode airs. A lot of behind the scenes stories and pictures. A fun read, and an interesting look at how the show is made.

Also, with this most recent episode (Chapter 13: The Fix), NBC has posted the entire episode with commentary from Greg Grunberg and Hayden Panettiere, who play Matt parkman, and Claire Bennet.

No comments: